ay, Wednesday or Sunday.Netball NZ chief executive Jennie Wyllie hopes the schedule will capture the imagination of | Forum

advertisement
Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LAM Feb 5
LAS VEGAS -- A win over Brock Lesnar at UFC 200 will likely have zero effect on Mark Hunts ranking in the heavyweight division. Nike Air Max Womens Sale Blue . It will, however, attract plenty of eyeballs, which is probably just as good.Hunt (12-10-1) will face Lesnar in the co-main event of the UFCs landmark feature on July 9 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The fight came together quickly, thanks to Lesnars exclusive contract status with his primary employer, the WWE. Hunt didnt even know he was fighting Lesnar (or anyone, for that matter) at UFC 200 until this month.Considering that Lesnar (5-2) hasnt fought since 2011, he doesnt offer much in terms of a ranked opponent -- especially to Hunt, 42, who is ranked No. 7 by ESPN.com and riding a two-fight winning streak. Obviously, the appeal of facing Lesnar lies completely in his star power, which Hunt is happy to cash in on.A win doesnt do anything for my ranking, Hunt admitted. But more people will be watching. I wanted to fight on this card and [UFC president Dana White] made it happen -- being added as the co-main event was kind of funny because of the timing, but hey, thanks Dana. Thanks Brock.The opportunity to fight a name like Lesnar in the co-main event of UFC 200 might have persuaded Hunt to agree to certain circumstances he otherwise wouldnt have -- or at the very least, it makes him care less about doing so.For one thing, it amounts to a short-notice fight. Hunt likes to indulge between fights, saying its not unusual for his weight to climb to well over 300 pounds. He has proved to be capable of cutting large amounts of weight in the past, but of course, the more time, the better. Ahead of this fight, hes looking at essentially one month.Its a short-notice fight, Hunt said. No excuses, it is what it is, but I found out about this fight the same time as everyone else. Had I known Id be fighting at UFC 200, I would have been training.When Im not in camp, Ive got young ones -- I stack [the weight] on with them. Ive promised myself three or four times I wouldnt put that weight on, but when youve got little ones, man, its all about convenience. Thats just what happens when youre a family guy. Ill get up over 300 pounds or something. I always lose it, but if you have to do it in two weeks, it will kill you.Hunt is also on the other side of the UFCs decision to waive a mandatory four-month drug-testing window for fighters coming out of retirement. Under the promotions anti-doping policy, Lesnar is supposed to be subjected to random testing before hes able to return to the active roster. However, the policy allows the UFC to waive that requirement at its discretion. Lesnar will be the first to receive such an exemption.As an active entertainer for WWE, Lesnar is subject to the companys drug-testing policy, which can include random testing. And for the record, Lesnar, a former UFC heavyweight champion, never tested positive for a banned substance during his MMA career. But Hunt does not appear to have much confidence in the WWE policy.At the end of the day, everyone should be on a level playing field, Hunt said. Ive been fighting cheaters my whole career. The thing is, when you are caught cheating, so to speak, that means you have to look back on your life and the accomplishments youve done and say, Did you really do them or was it the cheating that did them? Hey man, thats on them, not on me. I cant control it.WWE and their drug testing, thats sports entertainment, its not competition. This is entertainment, too -- but its real.Hunt, a native of New Zealand who now fights out of Australia, says hes confident in his ability to handle Lesnars wrestling background, which includes an NCAA Division I national title. His fight at UFC 200 will be the first of a new six-fight deal he signed earlier this year. And although Lesnar doesnt represent a top-10 opponent, he might be a major step in making sure a title shot is part of that contract.I dont know if it will get out of the first round, maybe the second, said Hunt, when asked for a prediction. His game plan is to get me down. My game plan is to knock his face off. Nike Air Max Womens Sale Grey . -- Ryan Blaney provided more evidence that Penske Racings No. Nike Air Max Womens Sale Black . Bryzgalov stopped 25 shots on Saturday in the Oklahoma City Barons 4-1 victory over the Abbotsford Heat. The Oilers signed Bryzgalov to a one-year $2 million contract last Friday after shedding payroll by dealing defenceman Ladislav Smid to the Flames. http://www.nikeairmaxwomenssale.com/ . However, he did make them miss him a little less. Cundiff, who had the unenviable job of replacing Dawson last season, agreed Thursday to a one-year, $1. Teams will have little respite in the inaugural New Zealand elite netball league next year.Details of the new-look competition were unveiled on Tuesday, with six teams to contest an intense three-month competition which replaces the trans-Tasman league.A Super Sunday opening round features three matches in Hamilton on the same day, on March 26.The teams face each of their opponents three times in an intense schedule which features some double-game rounds. There are no bye weeks.The teams ranked second and third after the 45-match regular season will contest an elimination final on June 25.The winners of that advance to play the top qualifiers in a grand final three days later, on a Wednesday night.The five teams whoo contested the trans-Tasman league for its nine seasons have been joined by a new entity, the Northern Stars, based in south Auckland. Nike Air Max Womens Sale 95. There are three Super Sunday rounds, in Hamilton (round one), Invercargill (round six) and Auckland (round 12).All matches are played on Monday, Wednesday or Sunday.Netball NZ chief executive Jennie Wyllie hopes the schedule will capture the imagination of supporters.The ANZ Premiership signals the start of a new era for netball in New Zealand, she said.We cant wait to showcase the athletes, the teams and the league to fans all over the world. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
advertisement